DIFI discusses “Women and work: Changing legal norms and practices”
DIFI participated in panel discussion titled: “Women and work: Changing legal norms and practices” organized by College of Law in HBKU in collaboration with Employment standards Office in Qatar Financial Center. Mr. Mohamed Mahgoub, Lead Researcher in DIFI, spoke about women experiences and challenges in achieving work-family balance and its implications for their families Qatar highlighting important elements such as Flexible work arrangements challenges & child care facilities.
The panel also included:
- Dr. Susan L. Karamanian, Dean of the College of Law, HBKU
- Luigia Ingianni, Commissioner, Qatar Financial Centre Employment Standards Office
- Mr. Houtan Homayounpour, Head of the International Labour Organization (ILO) Project Office in Qatar
- Donatella Cungi, Partner, Toffoletto De Luca Tamajo; and Member of the International Bar Association Diversity and Equality Committee
- Dr. Asmaa Alfadala, Director, Research and Content Development, World Innovation Summit for Education
The forum gathered female professionals & entrepreneurs to share their experiences, challenges & obstacles they face, along the path to success, and to propose strategies to overcome them.
For DIFI’s presentation click here
For photo Album click here