OSRA Research Grant
In collaboration with the Qatar National Research Fund (QNRF), we will soon launch the third cycle of our annual OSRA Research Grant on the Arab Family and family policy-related issues.
The goal of OSRA is to encourage basic and applied research aimed at developing a knowledge base on Arab families, including comparative and policy oriented research. It aims to (1) support high quality empirical work that advances research on Arab families; (2) provide policymakers with evidence-based research and analysis that encourages the formation and/or modification of family-related policies; (3) develop research capacity on issues related to the Arab family; (4) to develop research areas in support of the Qatar National Research Strategy (QNRS). The potential outcomes of OSRA include articles in peer-reviewed journals, policy reports, and methodological instruments. A maximum of 50,000 USD may be awarded per projecct with a duration not to exceed one year.
General Areas of Interest
- Marriage in the Arab world
- Family in the Arab world
- Parenting and parenthood in the Arab world
- Divorce in the Arab World
- Researchers residing in and affiliated with an institution inside an Arab country, holding a research-oriented doctorate or any approved terminal degree and having at least 3 peer reviewed publications in the relevant research areas
- Researchers from non-Arab countries as collaborative partners with Arab-based institutions
- Research proposals must be prepared in Arabic or English.
Always openLPI & PI online registration
December 2017Open proposal submission
Mid January 2018Information webinar
Mid February 2018Close proposal submission
May 2018Successful proposals notification